Notices & RemindersWelcome Back!
- Diary Dates
- Latest News
- 11 MayY6 SATS testing week – all Y6 pupils must be in school this week – EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
- 22 MayLast day for pupils before the half term holiday
- 1 JunINSET day for staff – school closed to pupils
- 2 JunSchool reopens after the half term holiday
- 15 JunY1 and some Y2 Statutory Phonics screening week – all Y1 and Y2 pupils in school this week please - IMPORTANT
Welcome to Great Heath Primary School
As headteacher I would like to extend a very warm welcome to everyone visiting this site. You may be doing so to learn a little more about the school, the staff or the curriculum. You may wish to check term dates, latest newsletters or see what the children are learning. You may even want to have a look at our latest prospectus or the most recent Ofsted report. All of this information and more can be located here and we hope you will enjoy navigating around.
We are a two form entry primary school with an attached nursery catering to over 400 pupils in total. We believe that learning should be fun and in pursuit of that aim use the International Primary Curriculum to link learning into exciting themes and to give the children a sense of their place in the World. We have fantastic resources including an enormous field with excellent sporting facilities, dedicated art and cookery rooms and shortly a brand new library with over 4000 books! In our last Ofsted inspection (July 2013) we were rated as good in every category. We are pleased with this but we want to be an outstanding school and to do so we need to make other improvements and raise our academic standards much further. That is why we are always looking for ways to make this school even better, whether it is the curriculum, our pastoral provision or even the building, grounds or resources. We believe that working in partnership with parents is an essential element in helping us achieve our aims as we know that strong partnerships, quality teaching and learning and high expectations at all times, will help pupils realise their full potentials, lead to higher levels of attainment, promote good citizenship and prepare pupils well for their future.
We are very proud of our school and are always pleased to show visitors around so do please contact us if you would like to do so or have any questions that this web site may not answer.
My Best Wishes ~ Steven Vincent
Ofsted Says...(July 2013)
- "Staff, governors and pupils are proud to be associated with the school."
- "Since the previous inspection, leaders have ensured strong improvement to teaching so that it is now consistently good and promotes good achievement for all pupils."
- "Behaviour in the school is good. Pupils and staff respect one another and work together to create a calm, purposeful environment. Pupils enjoy school, feel safe and are happy."